How can we help you today?

Search for answers to your questions by entering keywords below, or look through our knowledge base.

Welcome to 'Sikkhon' User Forum

Thanks for visiting our Forum. It provides an opportunity for our visitors/users to interact with out team and fellow visitors/users. You can find further resources in Knowledge Base and tutorials. Please don't submit any personal or confidential info here, instead create a ticket.

How to Create Excel Formula to Get pass or fail

Un Answered
Admin

In my student result sheet i want set grade as fail if student failed in 1 or more subjects. for example: in my result sheet below 33 means fail. 

so, if any student get below 33 in any subject the student will be marked as failed. 

Asked from this video: https://youtu.be/MhO0nMx06Os

Solution:

Apply Excel IF COUNTIF Function to Calculate Subject Wise Pass or Fail. In Excel, the IF function assesses a specific condition. Depending on whether the condition is true or false. 

To return "Pass" if all subjects have a passing score 33, and "Fail" if not, you can use a formula based on the IF function and COUNTIF function. In the example shown:

Example: =IF(COUNTIF(C3:F3,">=33")>=4,"Pass","Fail")

This formula shows if Marks is less than 33 then the result will be Fail otherwise Pass. 

=IF(COUNTIF(C3:F3,">=33")>=4 

The 4 means, when there are at least 4 subjects with passing scores. if your sheet has 4 or 5,6 or any add the number as your subject total. 

Thanks,

#msexcel

0 Votes

0 Comments

Login or Sign up to post a comment