How can we help you today?

Search for answers to your questions by entering keywords below, or look through our knowledge base.

Welcome to 'Sikkhon' User Forum

Thanks for visiting our Forum. It provides an opportunity for our visitors/users to interact with out team and fellow visitors/users. You can find further resources in Knowledge Base and tutorials. Please don't submit any personal or confidential info here, instead create a ticket.

How to Calculate House Rent Allowance in salary sheet

Un Answered
Admin

In my salary sheet format, i want calculate House Rent Allowance in 2 conditions. 

1. if employee live in Capital city then House Rent Allowance will be 40% of salary
  2. if employee live in other city then House Rent Allowance will be 30% of salary

How can i condition that. 

Solution:

IF is one of the most popular and useful functions in Excel. Generally, you use an IF statement to test a condition and to return one value if the condition is met, and another value if the condition is not met.

to solution that issue, we will use  IF statement. fist of all, create a documents like below

Now create IF function like below

=IF(C3 = "Capital City",40%,30%)

This final amount is the HRA on basic salary. It will be deducted from the total amount of tax at the time of tax payment.

You can find the sample workbook here. Download it and practice by yourself.

Thanks

0 Votes

0 Comments

Login or Sign up to post a comment